The month of October has turned pink since 1985, when pharmaceutical company, AstraZeneca partnered with the American Cancer Society to found Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Even before October was designated the “official month,” the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure began to fight against breast cancer in October of 1983. Avon joined the fight in 2003 when it held its first Walk for Breast Cancer.
Now the question is…how will you contribute to the fight? Whether you prefer a walk, a marathon, a luncheon or even a scavenger hunt, several events will take place in New York City during Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Check out our list:
- Teens for the Cure will host Search for the Cure–A Scavenger Hunt at the Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum, New York on October 21. This event is designed for participants 12-18 and the cost is $25.
- American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Cancer Walk is set for October 21 in Prospect Park (Brooklyn).
- The Avon Walk for Breast Cancer takes place in New York City, October 21-22; the route includes Manhattan and continues across the Brooklyn Bridge.
- The Breast Cancer Awareness Luncheon will be held on October 13 @ 11 a.m. @ The Silk Studio.
- An Evening Celebrating Life and Hope Cancer Charity Event will be held on October 28 @ 7:30 p.m.